Sunday, April 5, 2009

Tale From the Crypt

So, today is my second day of my Spring break, and so far, it's been nice.  As mentioned before, I'm not going anywhere, just staying in my dorm room at school, affectionately nick-named "the Crypt".

Friday, I finished my class, then walked to Michael's so I could buy some supplies for my project for History of Graphic Design.  I bought a multi pack of all the different blades for my Exacto knife and a saw.  I bought two packs of the sticks I needed, because that was all they had...so I bought a couple sheets of balsa wood.  Anyways, I'm looking forward to starting building tomorrow.  Then I set up the 360 back in my room because it's been on loan at my friend's place most of the semester so her roommate can play it.  And then I did what any tired gamer college guy would do if he haven't already - I played Mass Effect.  OH, did I play, 8 hours and 15 minutes straight.

Saturday, I stayed in bed a little bit longer to see if I could get extra rest. Nope. Then I did what any gamer college student guy would do if he already hasn't - I finished Mass Effect.  I love this game.  I know I'm going to go through again to do more, but I was debating waiting. I think I'm going to start tonight. Wait over. Then I ate some Satay from Trader Joe's - delicious - and played the two new expansion packs to Tomb Raider: Underworld.  Here's something I've noticed: an article in a game mag said that the new look for Lara Croft was supposed to be a attempt to make her look more realistic and feminine.  Ok, my personality doesn't disagree with the thought.  You want to try and add to your audience by making the game less sexist, that's fine.  However, there still isn't a huge difference between the original Lara and the new one, except better graphics.  So, way to fail.  Plus, I honestly don't see the point in trying to make her more realistic when she spends the entire game, sorry, SERIES, running around accomplishing huge feats of gymnastics while finding non-existent artifacts and fighting creatures that come from poor interpretations of mythology.  And the two arguments are that she needs to be more realistic (right, to fit in with everything else?), and that her figure should be less exaggerated to appeal to women.  I may be wrong, but I don't think many women can do what Lara does.  I'm willing to accept that some might, but I'm not an idiot; not many humans can do what Lara does.  So why should it matter if Lara has an hourglass figure if the game industry feels that most women don't actually have one?  I thought I had a point, but I sort of forgot what I was arguing...so nvm, sorry.  But back on topic, one of the new levels lets you play as the Shadow Lara from the main game - if you played, you know how epic she was.  I wish you got to play as her FOREVER!!  I honestly like Tomb Raider, it's fun; but adding shadow powers into it!!  OMG!!!!  EPIC.  Plus, the shadow Lara has a personality that I really like - she's not as wimpy as Lara can seem in the new series.

Today, I was on the phone for an hour with family.  Then I played Ninety Nine Nights - fun game.  Harder than it looks too, you really have to think and strategize while you're playing or things just don't go in your favor.  Got some chips at the store and a sandwich for dinner - club w/tomatoes and jalapenos, nom nom nom.  Not my favourite, or as good as a well made sandwich (it was Subway), but it was food.  Watched Shaun of the Dead, and started writing this - off to play more Mass Effect.

Question: What is a good deli sandwich meat/cheese/topping combination?

I'd really like a crunchy sourdough baguette with some Capicola and Calabrazi salami, ham, and maybe Provolone cheese with some thin sliced jalapenos on top, and then toast the entire thing.  Then add some tomato and lettuce.  It's sooooo good. ^_^

Cheers,
-Shadow of Light

2 comments:

  1. The best sammich in the world - corned beef, sauerkraut and Swiss on marbled rye with thousand island dressing - also known as the Reuben.

    close second - hot pastrami with provolone, lettuce, tomato, pickles, onions, salt, pepper, olive oil. vinegar, mayo, mustard and avocado on Sourdough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tri-tip sandwhich Ryan makes.

    ReplyDelete