Thursday, April 2, 2009

Galleries and Grace Juice

Alright, for people who don't like reading a ton of stuff - this bit is for you:
"Today was AWESOME."
You may now go about your business, back to work you know you don't really want to do, or whatever you were doing before you decided to link to this blog, which you then found too still not fit your tastes.

This is where the post begins for everyone else:
"Today was AWESOME."
As previously mentioned, I had to go to a museum today, LACMA, for my History of Graphic Design class.  Note: even though I thought I was museum-ed out, I was wrong.  Here's why:
1 - I did in fact get a ride to the museum - with my professor for the class and a grad student he knows.  I know he's a cool teacher, but at the same time, I woke up, got the message, and thought, "aw man, I have to BEHAVE!" not that I'm really into causing problems - most of the time.  I was wrong.
2 - Jim Daichendt is officially B.A.  Easily ranks with my favourite two, Miguel Arciniega, and Jeff Boyd.  You have to know the other two men to know how HUGE of a compliment this is.  To put it mildly, and in terms you've probably heard, Chuck Norris would explode if he thought about them.  Being an art major, it's fun for me to look at interesting art.  Being an art major in a museum with awesome art AND a guy who actually knows about art - BEAST!
3 - After going through a museum you should seriously take a look at, and coming up with too many ideas for my Spring Break project, we ate, and went to a show with more awesome art work, and then - went to the Ace Gallery.  Here's the thing about the Ace Gallery, art work right now - interesting, makes you think, intense; gallery itself - OMG! HUGE!!!  I want this place as an apartment soooo bad!  The amount of rooms, placement of rooms, enormity of rooms, and sheer AWESOMENESS that was these rooms almost made my head esplode (again, not a real word, but I need something to define an explosion greater than an explosion).  ONE room, ONE, was about 51 feet by 23 feet.  It was one piece of one side of this gallery.  I have had several day dreams about this gallery already, imagine what you could do with a giant TV, some huge surround-sound sub woofers, and an xbox/computer/media system in a single room!!!!  PLUS, there would still be enough room to install some crazy light systems so you could have a rave or a seizure in what would be your closet.  One day....

I didn't realize how epic space truly was for my life until today.  Huge epiphany.  Then we went to a German book store, walked through the tar pits, and came back to APU.  There's also a story about something that happened with postcards in the gift shop, but even though I was involved, it's someone else's story - find their blog, you'll find your story.

So that was the DAY.  I went directly to do some shopping - need to go get a ton of craft sticks tomorrow (tongue depressors).  Then I got some more of the epic Sobe water, new flavors this time, although I did buy the one from last time to give to a friend as well as some gum for her.

This is where the night starts, much shorter, and epic to me, because friends like this are hard to come by.  Had tea (Mighty Leaf Orange Dulce w/ cream & sugar because I've had nothing but black for the last couple...erm...forever...except once before).  Got to crash on the floor, which is my favourite thing EVER, plus I got a free pillow...after it was torpedoed into my face.  Got walked on, also something I LOVE, my back is screwed up sooo much that stuff like that feels AWESOME!  Then we all watched The Hunchback of Notredam which I haven't seen in about...idk, 8-9 years?  Throw in a couple inside jokes, and it was epic.  Then I picked up my xbox and now I'm back in my room and somewhat not as happy as before...sort of wanted to fall asleep in a state of awesomeness...ahhh, on the floor.  I love sleeping on the floor.  Ha, said the insomniac with apnea (long story, but it's true).

So here I am.  That's the gallery part of the post title.  Now the grace juice part.  Because of my sleep issues, I read...a lot.  As birthday gifts I received Ted Dekker's Paradise trilogy (Showdown, Saint, Sinner), and so far I've finished reading Sinner, and am almost done with Showdown...again.  I can't decide which is my favourite.  Some of the very few books I re-read, I, Lucifer being the key other one.  So, intro to art tomorrow (eh, it seems so...well - eh), then I begin my Spring break! - by walking to Michael's and back.  Then I'm going to relax for a few hours with some tea and the 360.  And maybe some movies.  And a Sobe water.  And a bar of chocolate from Vampire.com.  And some music.  And maybe some work on my project.  But that in particular might need to wait a day.  I'm excited to work on it though, and excited to have some time to myself here...kind of.  Roommate won't leave.  Apparently Hawaii is too far away.  Go figure.  He's such a fake Hawaiian too, waaaaayy Americanized.

Question: You have a 100 foot square plot.  In it you can fill it with bamboo and create either a loose bamboo jungle or a tightly woven area with bamboo around it or w/e  fact is you get bamboo.  OR, you can fill it with California redwoods (you know, the awesome ones).  What do you pick?

Me? ^_^ A mixture of both in a very unique style.  Style isn't part of the equation, so I'm keeping it a secret.  Answers can be any length, no reason to say other wise.

Cheers,
-Shadow of Light

3 comments:

  1. Your written term is a lost as my post research?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I'm lost, that's for sure. What does that meeean? `o_0?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just bamboo. With room for a panda.

    ReplyDelete