Friday, April 17, 2009

I Don't Need To Tell You...

Tonight's title is for a friend who keeps sending me these lyrics via email, chat, and Facebook.  Seriously...although, I will admit that it's a good song: Free Me From My Demons - Pride and Fall.  Not either his or my favourite song on the album, but one of the better ones.  It's kind of dark like the rest of them, but that's kind of the theme of the album - In My Time of Dying.  The album Elements of Silence is much lighter, with songs like Retrospect and Border.

Today - I finally had a relatively full night of sleep, which was great, and seriously needed; but I also slept through my class, which pissed me off a great deal.  'Hell hath no fury'...so to speak.  After that (45 min. after the end of class), I started an assignment for another art class - Intro to Art.  I had the joy of  filling in a color wheel, using only three colors.  Here's the thing, the teacher informed us that we can't use the red, yellow, and blue, paints that came in the required pack for our primary colours, because...well, they aren't the appropriate colors.  So i had to use the primary colors I had to make other primary colors to work with the ENTIRE time.  So sucks.  And by the way, what the heck is 'phthalo blue'?  I've never seen a 'phthalo' before, but apparently it's some offshoot of blue.  Oh, and 'Mars' black?  Mars is RED!  I went through the rest of the colours, and guess what: they're ALL wrong!  If the names aren't bad enough, the names that are normal don't match the color.  Lemon yellow.  You would expect it to be the same yellow as a lemon, right?  Wrong.  I've seen lemons.  I've picked lemons straight from the tree, seen them in stores, the fact is - LEMONS AREN'T THIS COLOUR!!!  Lemons are lemon yellow.  This was neon yellow, but more matte.  In other classes there is discussion of the depravity of mankind, or the loss of morality and growth on insanity in the world.  After seeing how my acrylic paints are labeled, I can see what's going on in the world.  It's the paint labelers and manufacturers that are bringing us down.  All I want is a red that's red, a blue that's blue, and a yellow, white, and black, that are actually what they say they are.  I'm tired of this 'fire engine blue' crap.  Children's crayons are labeled more appropriately then the paints I buy at the college store and the professional art store near by.  It's RIDICULOUS!  I talked about it with my mom today, and we both got a few good laughs from it, but the truly sad part about it: it's TRUE!

After doing the majority of the wheel, I got too mentally damaged and went to my friend's and got to relax and get the caffeine out of my system (7 cups of tea).  Then I took a little nap, came back to the crypt, and finished the apple pie I had in my tiny fridge.  And now, I'm typing this, and going to bed with hopes of sleep again.  But probably won't get much.  I can hope.

In other news: when I was angry with myself for missing my class today, I vented by covering a bunch of my roommate's things in plastic wrap and foil.  I also put plastic wrap in front of the door so he'd walk into it..but he saw it because the lighting was against me.  However, we're leaving it up to see who forgets and walks into it first.  There have been a couple close encounters so far tonight, and honestly, it's brought us a little closer.  Obviously we both want to see the other make a complete fool out himself and relish in the joy of winning the challenge - so it's not like we're doing this in a friendly, brotherly way.  It's all about watching the other fail.

I'm going to win. ^_^

That's it.  No question tonight, I'm running out.  Although, if you happen to be a new found PF fan, feel free to finish this (ya M, a place just for you) - 

It's in your eyes I see the longing you have
It's in your eyes I've seen hate grow old



It's in the way we are


Cheers,
-Shadow of Light

1 comment:

  1. It's in your eyes, I see the longing you have
    It's in your eyes, I've seen hate grow old
    It's in your eyes, I feel lost some times
    It's in your eyes, the darkest light
    Because everything must die
    It's in the way we are

    ReplyDelete