Monday, April 13, 2009

Every Now and Then...

Alas, today is the last day of spring break.  Oh well, I can play again later.

News of the week, I finished construction on the building for my graphic design class.  Hopefully I'll have some time to paint the thing before Thursday when I turn it in.  I'm happy with it, even if it isn't a 'real' scale model.  It's built on a scale though.  It's, oh idk, 6 inches by 14 inches by 14.5 inches.  Actually that's correct; considering I could never remember the measurements when I was working on it, I'm impressed.  It wasn't what I had wanted to do originally, but it works.  The first concept was a building made with different sections in different architectural styles.  But I gave up quickly when I started working on stuff, and just stuck with the International Style.  You should look it up.  Everything would have gone much smoother if I'd had a Dremmel to use, and good news, I'm getting one soon.  Kind of late for this project though.

In other news: I've listened to more music.  I know, you probably don't want to read another rant on music; but that's why I'm mentioning it: so you can go do something more worthwhile.  Homework, taxes, laundry, whatever.  But if you're staying on the page to read about it, you'll still get what you want.

I was talking with one of my friends, and one of the things we talk about almost every time we have a long conversation is music.  A while ago I mixed my entire library with his so that I would know some of what he had in his library and so I could play my music if I didn't have anything of my own.  Anyways, most of my library was built off of what he had to begin with, so adding to it wasn't a huge deal, and thanks to Pandora, most of what I added fits his style.  But that was a while ago, and I've added music since then, so I update him when we talk with music he should get and listen to.  The most recent one that he's added is Pride and Fall.  I like the heavy beats of their songs, the decent lyrics, and the original beats.  The shared favourite seems to fall onto the song My Little.  Maybe it's the events of the past that make the main verses stand out to us, maybe it's the beat, or maybe it's the haunting chorus that speaks to the truths people don't like to face.  My opinion?  It's a combination of all of the above.  I like to mix it with a strong, dark tea and sit in darkness.  I like to approach music with more than just my mind or my emotions.  I like to use both.

Here's a link to the song: http://twiturm.com/e5xc
You can go through the other songs I have posted too, feel free to comment or to just enjoy them.

And that's about it.  It's not all that long tonight.  Interesting.

So I'll end with two things:
1. I know most people who see this blog are already friends with me on Facebook, but if you're not, and you want to contact me with questions or comments or just want a friend, I'm on under the name Joe Maximus.  If you're going to add me, or send a message though, putting 'blog' in he topic will keep me from deleting it outright.  And if you do all that and then suddenly can't find me in your friend list online, well, you were probably bothering me and I probably deleted you.
2.  Question (as always): Post a short phrase that means something to you, BUT, don't explain why.  Sometimes things need to be explained for clarity, other times it's better to let people think for themselves, and not care what their opinion is.  Maybe their opinion has value to you, maybe not, leave it for the human mind to sort out.  Oh, and make it something good, after a conversation earlier tonight, I'm in the mood for something deep.  For the record I read all your comments - seeing as I have to moderate them. *_^

Mine - "Every now and then your soul will tell you lies to bring you down."

Cheers,
-Shadow of Light

2 comments:

  1. Our memory defeats us all
    I've touched the stagnant water and muddy walls
    Of the trench where you've been sleeping,
    and there's nothing there worth keeping
    or believing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These faithful, in lines that number thousands, bring perdition throughout the land. As though the Angel of Death Himself had been unleashed to exact a punishment on this world.

    ReplyDelete