Sunday, March 29, 2009

1450000005

Today, well, today was interesting.  Got back from Rocky Horror really early this morning, then I had to go to church for my Luke/Acts class.  The requirement was to sit through a service of a different denomination and culture than I am.  Well, I don't go to church so I have no denomination, and culturally, I like to blend.  So...Japanese service it was.  Interesting.  Go again? Maybe, but definitely not religiously.  Pun not intended.

Yesterday my friend Marius  finally got into contact with me after several months (3).  Good times, we sent messages back and forth on Facebook for about an hour or two yesterday before I left for the show and then we sent a few more today, including posts in comments on the blog.  So that was fun too.  Last night/this morning I spent an hour or so in what I like to call the 'library'.  It's not an actual library, but a collection of emails/chats/discussions of many many things that Marius and I were a part of.  It's all compiled from our collective email accounts and stored in one that we both have the password to, so I've seen about half of it, but for the sake of sanity and privacy I've deleted about 98% of what I contributed to the library from my own emails, and only in the last 7 months or so have been privy to what Marius added.  Anyways, last night I needed to get back into some memories so I was scrolling through the library for an hour or two.  I got what I needed from it, and then some.  Maybe someday I'll go through, organize it, and compile it into a timeline.  I'd definitely like to download it all at some point, just to have a hard copy that I can piece together.

The title of the post tonight actually makes PERFECT sense if you've been in my presence long enough for me to say it.  Type those numbers into an old-fashioned calculator, and flip it upside-down; it's a word.  If you still can't figure out what word...well, your sanity is completely intact.

I NEED to get through this week (if you haven't noticed, this is the LONG post for this week).  This week:
-Make shirt
-Turn in shirt for Graphic Design
-Turn in movie review for Psych
-Turn in church review for Luke/Acts
-Turn in regular homework for Luke/Acts
-Get to a museum Thursday morning
-Get through Into to Art on Friday
-Take Wanted back to Game Stop (I know, I know, WHY buy it? I was out of it)
-Cash a money order
-Finish my Japanese snacks
-Buy water
-Go to the hardware store
-Get a housing ticket so I will have somewhere to live next semester

Next week:
-Enjoy Spring Break
-Play Rockband 2
-Play Left 4 Dead with friends
-Update Mirrors Edge and TR:Underworld
-Play the updates
-Pick up my pre-order of Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena
-Weep tears of Joy
-Play Riddick
-Wipe away more tears of joy
-Start Mass Effect
-Stress about homework I should have done
-Update my iTunes library
-Bug Marius via time zone differences (muahahaha!! You know I will)
-Talk to my aunt in Alabama
-Talk to my aunt in Los Altos
-Leave my mom a message
-Work on a scale model of a building for Graphic Design
-Look cool
-Stay up late
-Go to Rocky Horror again, on the 11th
-Write a poem to Vamp
-Write a ballad to Vampire Vineyards
-Compose a love song to Vamp
-Eat the last Taiyaki
-Mourn the absence of Taiyaki
-Cry
-Write a love song to Taiyaki
-Finish my cookies
-Call home for more cookies
-Bash the RD for my old dorm hall
-Do 1 push-up
-Complain that break was too short
-Curse under my breath while trying to finish stuff that should have been done in the beginning of break.
-Break down
-Sob into my pillow
-Get berated by Pyle 2.0
-Make Pyle 2.0
-Throw glares at my roommate to amuse myself
-Maybe write more story
-Watch disks 1 and 2 of Shuffle!
-Make high-pitched noises in my room

So as you can see, the next two weeks are PACKED.  So if I don't make it onto the blog that often, I think you can forgive me.

Tonight I had another idea for a theme of a collection I've been adding to on Facebook (see the picture).  The series is entitles "In My Mind" and I think that's pretty self-explanatory.  The pictures portray what goes on my mind when I have time to myself...which is pretty often.  In this case, this is one of those times where I have an idea which I SWEAR was a good idea to begin with, and then it always ends up failing.

Challenge Q: Describe something you've done for fun. Not a hobby of yours, but something that you just decided to do.  If you did it and it ended up becoming your hobby, that's fine.  It doesn't have to be epic, or your favourite, or even the best thing; just what you think of.
-Mine: in high school, myself, one of my friends, and the eldest of his younger sisters had a running list of words you could spell on calculators (entering numbers and flipping it to read it).  The paper had five columns, and there were two sheets of paper when we finally stopped.  We clarified whether words were real or not (zoos[my version of Zeus] vs. EloiEloi[it's a real word...in Hebrew *_^]), and we put initials next to who got credit for inventing the words.  I had more than 50% (53% I think), my friend had just under 50% and his sister had 2% of the words.  I did the math ^_^
*Please keep your description around the length of mine (paragraph or two).  I know this post is like three pages, but please, PLEASE, do as I say, not as I do (Marius, this is mostly directed at you).

Cheers,
-Shadow of Light

3 comments:

  1. Well, I started MY blog - http://johnroscigno.com as a bit of whimsy over getting my new phone last year. Thus far I've had quite an interesting experience learning about myself and my friends and viewing the world from a different perspective. Trying to find something meaningful to take a picture of every day is REALLLY REALLY HARD sometimes.
    Also - twitter serves virtually no purpose other than to let me spout some ramblings off into the interwebs - but it's fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. John, I'm really glad you commented on this one seeing as I got the idea for it from your first blog post yesterday. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. I worked at the SF zoo for two months just so I could play with the penguins.

    ReplyDelete