Friday, March 20, 2009

Art and Delciousness



First off, deliciousness is a word, and it stems from the drink called "Thank You Jesus".  Go to Jamba Juice and order it.  Right now.  Leave my blog and go, you'll thank me.  I'll wait.

Back?  I told you deliciousness was a word.

Today's news: I was up really late working on an art project last night.  The assignment was to make either a memorial or a representation of sacred space.  I didn't really want to do a memorial, because mine would probably be trivial an stupid to most people, plus: it's personal.  I also didn't want to be really religious and design a cathedral with stained glass and little cherubim all over the places etc.  So I created what you see in the picture.  The egg is real.  The lights are real.  I love working with black and white and light.  Black and white in themselves are pretty awesome, but when you add light you get stuff that looks like it should have a soundtrack of choral sung by the Sirens.

Funny story: the egg seen wasn't the original intended egg.  There was another.  I was trying to fix it to my liking with my exacto knife and it esploded (esplode is my version of explode when I want to portray more awesomeness in the word, I do know how to spell), and the knife went down through the egg that was flying in five billion directions, and into my finger.  Epic fail.  But I don't want stitches, so I bandaged it up myself. ^_^ It's fine.

In other news: I got an awesome tribute for my birthday from a good friend of mine John.  He posted it on his blog, which by the way, you should SERIOUSLY check out. 


It's really a good blog imho.  For more info about it, just go to it, I really don't want to ruin it for you, and you'd be doing yourself a favour.

To cover things I said I would in the last post, I'm supposed to tell you:
1. People responsible for this blog.  Currently, just me.  There was another helper, a Styrofoam abstract art piece named Pyle.  But I needed to use part of him for the egg project.  So...
2. Email address.  None yet.
3. Explanations.  Ok, first: the URL.  Yes, shrouded is misspelled.  It's intentional.  Shrowded teacup?  I drink a lot of tea.  I love tea.  I'm also kind of dark.  It's influenced by a friend as well.
Shadow of Light?  Think deep.  I'm really not a fan of the sun.  It's too hot/bright/etc.  Fog is amazing (I'm from the Bay Area).  I've always wondered though: what if instead of light shining down, shadows shone down?  So invert light and shadows, and you get me, Shadow of Light.  If you can truly picture it, then you should at least be able to admit that it's an interesting thought.

Challenge Q:  What is a verse/chorus/bridge of a song, lyrics wise or even an instrumental part that means a lot to you/expresses who you are?  Doesn't have to be a favourite, just whatever comes to mind.  Here's my example:

Moments lost though time remains
I am so proud of what we were
No pain remains
No feeling
Eternity awaits
Grant me wings that I might fly
My restless soul is longing
No pain remains
No feeling
Eternity awaits

Beloved-VNV Nation
That's it, that's all you have to do.  Just click the comment button, and type it in.  It's that simple.

Alright, well I'm kind of tired, and I don't want to take up a ton of your time, just give you something to occupy it.  So that's all for now.

Cheers,
Shadow of Light

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE the glow from within the egg, as well as the stretched and bulging windows. Intriguing, beautiful. It has gravity, but the egg almost looks like it's going to rise up.

    Styrofoam Pyle, haha! "Every artist is a cannibal, every poet is a thief, All kill their inspiration and sing about their grief" --U2
    But perhaps Pyle grows more like mushroom or a cloud, and can shape-shift without harm to himself.

    For a song verse, the first thing that's coming to mind tonight is:

    "In the clearing stands a boxer
    and a fighter by his trade,
    And he carries the reminders
    of every glove that laid him down
    or cut him til he cried out
    in his anger and his shame
    I am leaving, I am leaving,
    but the fighter still remains"

    Correlation with myself is (of course) symbolic-- after being in debate mode in Alma, it's funny to not be doing it anymore : )

    Joey it's so good to see you online in one more way!
    I will check your blog my baby bro.
    (my blogger account was for homework)

    ever so bunnily,
    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! Bunny I'm so glad you were the first commenter, that means soo much, and I'm privileged to a wonderful interaction!! You always have wonderful insights into things ^_^

    Pyle is on the recovery, soon to have a week of wonderful free time and a plethora of supplies to make him even better!

    I love your verse choice by the way! I looked up the song online, and I remembered listening to it when it hit "Li la li..." The song itself reminds me of 'The Gambler' by Kenny Rodgers. It has that same personal touch to it, and a story to tell. I love how you connect with it as well, thank you for interacting! ^_^

    Thank you for your input on the egg house, you're by far my favourite critic ^_^

    I'm glad you're reading the blog too, now I know that someone cares! Hahaha

    Take car luv,
    -Joey

    P.S. I loved the info on your blog, I got a huge chunk of my inspiration for an Art Deco project from what you had posted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you tried the Starburst yet? I want to see pictures of Pyle!!

    Haha, ok I'm sort of torn. On one hand the beginning of Electornaut always puts me in a good mood. And the middle. And that bit after the middle before the end. And the end as well.

    But, on the other hand ever sinc I heard you sing the bridge of She Is My Sin as high as you could, listening to that song make me laugh. So,

    Bless me, undress me
    Pick your prey in a wicked way,
    God I must confess,
    I do envy the sinners

    She Is My Sin - Nightwish

    -M ~_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. God, you would remember that...

    Haven't tried the Starburst yet. Want to. maybe later this week.

    (Your smiley's wink looks more like he got poked in the eye)

    ReplyDelete