Saturday, March 28, 2009

Carpe Noctum

Ever had one of those days that started typical, got better, got mauled worse than the dinosaurs, and then ended sub par?  Today was one of those days.

My Intro to Art class was semi-canceled, the teacher was more than 15 minutes late, so I got to leave, but that doesn't mean I slacked off.  In a fit of joy that stemmed from not having to sit in a class for three hours, and from a chance to catch up with a friend of mine, I set to work on my graphic design project which should already be done, but isn't.  The design above the Memento Mori post is actually a shirt design that I made today, using about 13 hours of my day.  Starting was amazing, I was so pumped, I listened to a play list of fourteen of the 23 remixes of Forever that I have and sang along while I worked.  That and doing the design by hand on my giant closet door just made my day.  Then I took a break to say hello to my friend, one of the people I came to APU with from high school, but she's doing a study abroad program, so we visit when she's on main campus.  That was fun, lots of subdued humour, and small talk - relaxing.  Went back to working after that, still pumped up, then the stupid fire alarm got pulled by some degenerate.  Not wanting t do the whole, "line up ladies and gentlemen", I just hid with another friend until it was over.  Had TEA! ^_^ Hahaha, tea is always a highlight of my day (even when I pour boiling tea into my lap...fail).

Felt sort of funky before I left for my room again, something that in my life should have tipped me off.  But I went back to my room and started working again, and then I got a text from a family member which just absolutely crushed me.  I'm used to dealing with hopeless situations, emotions, etc. and it pisses me off no end when other people, especially those close to me, get hit by things in life that they truly aren't used to dealing with.  I'm still unsure whether that's true, or whether I'm truly bothered by the fact that can't do anything.  Anyway, knowing the history of the situation and knowing there just isn't anything to do for anyone but to just take it, I called back and just empathized.  But out of all the people I know, my family and about five other people are the only ones I always internalize, so for the rest of the day I've been living in the mindset of some one else's hopelessness, so I've been super quiet and pensive in my room all night.

But I still finished my project.  At least the design part, I'm going to get it printed on the shirt on Monday.  And then it was time to eat.  Too bad Azusa closes at 10.  So I walked through "dangerous Azusa" (absolute B.S. btw) down to Donut Man, and got myself an Old Fashioned for tomorrow and a Tiger Tail.  Plus while I was there some guy started giving away extra Tiger Tails because he and his cross-country bike group needed to go and he bought to many.  Free donut = smile.

Eating food you like releases endorphins.  They make you happy.  I like Tiger Tails.  I was happy.  And then I felt like crap.  Yay sugar.

Challenge Q: Do you believe in angels?  Please just answer 'yes' or 'no'.  This is a topic that I know from experience can have infinite spawning points of views for either answer, and knowing that my reason is so personal I've never shared the full reason, I don't want to pry or ask you for things that you also may keep close to your heart.  So there.  My answer is 'yes'.  See? Really simple.  Please don't over complicate it.  Although there are two people who I know who would probably do so on purpose, but I've known them for several years, so they can get away with it.

Cheers,
Shadow of Light

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about your family, I really hope the situation gets better.

    Friday nights in Azusa are the worst especially on campus, NOTHING is open. lame!

    As for your angels question:
    I don't know, but I would like to believe in them.

    I know i didn't answer "yes" or "no" (But only because i'm undecided). Sorry >.< hope it wasn't overly complicated, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes.

    Σεπτέμβριος?

    ooooh, I want a donut now.

    -M

    ReplyDelete