Sunday, March 22, 2009

Crippled Weekends

Ok, well I'm not really crippled, but I can't move my finger and it's a weekend.  Not much going on really, I need to do homework, but I still have the rest of today and all of tomorrow.  I'm pretty good about doing my homework, but in this case there's actually some good reasons.  Not going to rant though.

Probably going to work on my story a bit today, I've been working on it for a while, and it's a good escape, just recently gotten back into it.  Of course with writing there's also music involved.  I usually stick to my iTunes library, but sometimes I want to let life be a bit more out of my control, so I listen to Pandora radio.  Let's me keep things in my ballpark and still get some new stuff occasionally, seeing that most of my current library is built off of what Pandora plays. I like the new feature of adding multiple artists to a single station, I just added Covenant, Depeche Mode, Assemblage 23, Nightwish, and Xandria to my VNV Nation station, and three songs in, I'm happy.  I think Iris is a band I want to pay more attention to, reminds me of a cross between Depeche Mode and Assemblage 23.

Had tea with a friend today, glad I did. It's interesting how different people have different effects on my personality via my mood.  Anyways, I feel much better now than I did late last night.

Started a new anime series, Kanon.  I've heard good things, so I bought the first DVD and I'm really quite happy.  It's joining my list of favourites along with Shuffle! and Hellsing.

I really hope I don't have a graphic design project this week, I'm sort of running dry right now.  If I do...well, then I do.  And I'll come up with something.

I'm really hoping to get through to spring break soon, I'm staying here at school...even though I could go home.  I think I could use the time to myself, even though I could do to see some of my really good friends.  Side note: Depeche Mode - Precious....don't know why, but this song just hits me and connects.  I like it, but it feels very...idk.

On the note of Playing the Angel, they really fascinate me, angels. Reguardless of anything that's come up in religion or faith, I've sort of had this liking for angels.  And to me maybe it's just me being a guy, but I've always thought it would truly be fitting for angels to be women.  Even the name, it just sounds...feminine.  Not in a weak way mind you, I also immagine angels to be pretty bad ass.  But graceful.  Idk, it's me, I'm lost in ideas, dreams, and delusions most of the time, saves me from being in my real world, which for me isn't all that great.  I like the world I make, even if it is a lie.  Ha, this post ended up being long anyways...sigh.

Challenge Q: If you could have a single super power, what would it be?  I would want the ability to control the speed of time, i.e. slow it, freeze it, speed it up, etc.  That or control the weather.  Both of these somewhat stem from the fact that I wish I had more time to do homework, and I hate the weather here in Azusa.  I want to go back to San Fransisco!  You know the drill, answer in the comments.

Mmk, I'm off to write.  Cheers,
Shadow of Light

P.S. As you can see by the "posted by" my name is Joe, but I sign Shadow of Light anyway. It's part of being more than a person, but a belief.

2 comments:

  1. Your name is Joe? Well hello there young man, would like to hang out with me? I'm a lot of fun...

    Challenge Q for you!
    -Would you get stitches if Ryan did them? The philosophy that medical tape and ace bandages will fix everything you do to yourself has worked so far, but one day you're going to get seriously screwed over! (Said the man to the dog, who just looked at him, smiled and walked away).

    Superpower - Teleport. I'd use it to visit ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marius, stop trying to seduce the blog. It's not even a month old, kreeper.

    Answer - I would get stitches from Ryan if it were serious again. Medical tape solves 90% of my problems. And gauze. (said the dog to the man, who just looked on in awe that the dog could speak)

    Random Q: is it ethical for us to both use the same smiley when we both stole it from the same source?

    ReplyDelete