Friday, July 31, 2009

Wide Awake in a World That Sleeps

Well, here I am, keeping my promise, and posting later this week. I wouldn't have bet on me, but it looks like I would have lost.

This is going to be a fun post, or at least I hope it's a fun post. It's fun for me at the very least. Tonight I found some videos on Youtube from the VNV Nation concert taken by a guy who was right behind us, so you will get to see us, and you'll get to see some of Ronan's interludes between songs. ^_^

Video one: The large head (made large by hair) in the very first frame of the video is Rosales; the smaller head cut off on the far right of the very first frame is me (^_^); the hand that comes up to point after Ronan's first comment and just before he says, "no, seriously" is Rosales; the short, deep laughs you hear immediately after Ronan's comment about ridiculing people are me and Rosales (and probably some others as well, but they're not important); right after Ronan announces the title of the photo he is having taken, a b/w striped arm with glow sticks appears - that's Alex; the hand sign that gets thrown up on the far right after Ronan's comment about calling himself a lady is me; Rosales' head and Alex's glowing striped hand appear a few more times on the right as the video ends.

Video two: Rosales' head can be seen when the lighting permits.

Video three: Two striped-sleeved, glowstick-wielding hands - Alex; right after Ronan says he's from Ireland the camera zooms out and a hand gets in the way for a second - that's me (my ring is visible if you go to that particular frame).

^_^ Three videos that I hope stay on Youtube for a while, as I would really enjoy reliving some of these moments when there are no concerts for me to attend. Three videos where Ronan Harris speaks. Three reminders of how awesome that concert was.

I apologize if you find the fact that I'm pointing out myself and friends in the videos a little vain, but honestly - it's a blog about my life, and the people in it; at least I'm not pointing out random people that I don't know. Seriously.

In some other news, I found out today that I have more money in grants scholarships and loans than I need for tuition over the school year. This means I can get the excess and use it for school supplies, like a new Macbook Pro!!! Finally I will be able to get a computer that won't crash on me when it feels like it, and I'll be able to get the full version of either Adobe CS3 or CS4! Plus it will also double my storage space, and I'll be getting a couple accessories to go with it and make it work out for me. I'd also like to modify it a teeny-tiny bit, but I'm still working out how. I don't want to do anything to the physical body of the case, but I would like to do something so that instead of the apple glowing on the back, it would be the Vampire Vineyards logo. I have some red transparent plastic sheeting I can use for the color, but I need to sort out the other details later. As much as I love the aesthetic design of the new Macs, I would really like to be able to customize it a bit to make it more...me. It's another project I can add to the list, but I think it can wait until I actually have the Mac. That's my new dilemma - getting the Mac. I need it in the first week of school, BUT I can't get the excess money from my loans/scholarships until I get to school and fill out some papers and then wait another two weeks. So I'm hoping something will work out, because I'd like to not have to drop a required class for that reason - it'd be really lame.

Well, I'm going to be off, one more day of work tomorrow, and then I'm free for the rest of summer. Sunday I have tentative plans to hang out with one friend, and Monday I have pretty solid plans to hang out with another friend. Then I'm off to visit my aunt, and to return later in the month for more visits. Should be lots of fun! ^_^

Cheers,
Shadow of Light

No comments:

Post a Comment