Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Parlez Vous Freezepop?

HI!!! It's a MEEE!!!! ^_^

Soooo, it's been a while. I was gone for a while, and now I'm back. I wasn't 'gone' gone, I was at my mom's house trying to earn some money and, erm...visiting. Anyway, I didn't have an internet connection there but I was able to post Tweets via text messages when I had nothing better to do. I posted a lot of Tweets.

The work was interesting, and I have to admit, I didn't get paid very much for what I did, but any money is good right now. I got the super awesome job of moving concrete slabs from the back yard into a dumpster in the driveway. There were bonuses to this of course, I got to do all this in Farifield heat (pretty much the same as Azusa), and the concrete was poured years and years ago when it was super cheap so the slabs were 6-8 inches thick. And I did it for 50 bucks. So I hauled about 64 square feet of concrete that was anywhere between 6-8 inches thick to a dumpster in 103 degree heat for fifty bucks. All in all, I moved at least 2 thousand pounds maybe three, I almost completely filled the dumpster, and then I had two hours to relax before I got dragged to the gym. I couldn't move the next day.

But honestly, that was probably the best part about my visit up there, even though I got chased through the yard by spiders the entire time I was working. I used to really love going to visit my mom, but her relationship with her new boyfriend kind of drives me crazy. I like him, he's a nice guy, and it's entirely not his fault I hate the relationship. I'm glad she's happy, I'm glad she has a positive relationship, but I wish she'd act her age, or just somewhere close to it. I spent the entire week hearing how "amazing" he is, how he's the "perfect man", how he changed her life...they've been together about a year now. I've seen him a bunch. It was nice to hear the first month, glad to see her happy, but still???? Honestly I have no issues with people telling me all that when it's a momentous event, a first introduction, if I inquire first, if someone else hasn't heard the story, if I'm senile and forgetting, etc. But every free moment of everyday for five days?!? *gag*

But now I'm out of there, but I'm also back home, doing the same stuff as before. Lame. But there is some good news! I finally unpacked my 360, and I updated some of my games, like Left4Dead, and played some demos and looked at things to buy. I want to get the add-on for Fable 2 when I can afford it, I also want to be able to afford to transfer the songs from the original Rockband to Rockband 2, but I can't afford that either. In the way of games, I'm hooked on the demos for Overlord and Overlord 2, and I plan on getting them at some point, they're just way too much fun. I also found a magic the Gathering arcade game demo, and I'm hooked on that too. I've mentioned that I love the artwork, but I found the game to be kind of fun too, and with the Xbox game I won't actually have to buy cards! No luck selling mine either...

I also borrowed Fatal Frame 2 for the original Xbox from a friend, because I was in the mood to be scared completely out of my mind. I've been pumping myself up to play it though, and only during the day. A lot of good stories with that game. My senior year of high school when I hung out with my friend after school, we played Fatal Frame for hours in the dark until like 11 or 12 on weekends, and get totally freaked out. It didn't help that people were trying to reach me by phone during that time either, either my grandmother telling me to come home or the girl I liked and talked to every night. More than once we were watching the little anime Asian girl limping away (she has a limp, part of the story) from some creepy ghost bent on ruining our saved game would be crawling along the floor behind us while we tried to navigate through the Japanese village, hearing the default creepy-as-hell scream/howl when my phone ring tone would blast and make us breathe again. More than once we screamed. It was never a shrill long, horror movie scream, it was always a man scream - like a shout, but with fear - and then we paused the game and blinked from staring and started breathing again. We did this for about two months, enough that when Naomi called she could always guess that I was playing Fatal Frame with Alex because my voice was shaking. It also made driving home in the early morning hours really creepy.

So that's my goal sometime soon, to play again. I'm still kind of scared to play. I know what's in store for me. I remember one particular poltergeist that was a little boy who wore a bell - when alive - and you could hear the bell ringing as you explored, trying to find him. To find him though, you had to open a secret door that we kept walking by, so we just explored empty halls with the soft ringing echoing through the big TV speakers and around us in the room. It took us hours to figure it out, and we both heard the bell for the next few days 'cause it was stuck in our heads. This sound was identical to Little Shit's bell on his collar when I was in Alabama, and it got my heart racing whenever I had to go from my room across the hall to the bathroom (this could also be because he stalked me hen I left the room and jumped out from small, dark spaces...he's such a little shit). It is a creepy creepy game. But it's really well done.

Anyways, on something less creepy, I got back into Ninety-Nine Nights today. It really is a fun game, even though it feels a little repetitive. It's you're standard button-mash, adventure game, and it plays a lot like the Kingdom Under Fire games, but you actually have to learn to use the button combos, you can't just hit buttons indiscriminately, which is kind of nice, but a little stressful when you're trying to get the hang of it, and you have to start the entire level over again. But I think I'm almost done with the first hero's campaign. I like the graphics, and I like the music, and the story is pretty good, but some of the voices for the characters suck! Mainly the first two characters you can play with. I like most of the others. I look forward to playing some more tomorrow.

Tonight's title is from a Freezepop song of the same name. I actually really like the song, and I can see myself enjoying Freezepop on a larger level than just the song 'Tonight' - they have a fun sound, it reminds me of early Nintendo remixes and games. So I now have their album 'Fancy Ultra-Fresh' and I'm getting used to it. I also have two Ladytron albums, 'Light and Magic' and 'Witching Hour', and I'm listening to those too. I've heard songs by both bands, and I have my favourites, but they're both growing on me. For Ladytron I like 'Destroy Everything You Touch' and 'Seventeen' the most while for Freezepop, 'Tonight' is my ultimate favourite but I like 'Stake Out' and 'Parlez Vous Freezepop?' too.

Alright, I will leave you with that - music and games. ^_^

Cheers,
Shadow of Light *ring* *ring*

1 comment:

  1. How many kilograms? 3 kilos is about 6.5 pounds...it sounds like you may have moved a LOT more weight than you imagine. Perhaps 3 kilos EACH.

    ReplyDelete