Friday, July 3, 2009

Unto the End and Back Again

Ever had one of those days where you're not in a bad mood, but you go thorugh all the same stuff you do when you are in a bad mood? For example, I let my mood dictate what music I listen to, and today I've been in the mood for a lot of the harsher tracks in my library, sticking with aggrotech, heavy EBM, dark industrial, etc.

Honestly, I'm not in a bad mood, I just have days when I want to listen to something raw, heavy, and somewhat apathetic. So that's what I've been listening to all day. The down side to not actually being in a bad mood and listening to the music is that I become really picky about what songs I listen to. I played Comichrist for a bit, but didn't feel it, then I moved onto God Module and Grendel since they're the newest albums in my collection, but I only felt like listening to half of them. So now I'm listening to Imperative Reaction with Suicide Commando's 'Love Breeds Suicide' thrown in every few tracks (seriously can't get that song out of my head). It's bound to end like it always does though, in either VNV Nation or Assemblage 23, and with songs that don't relate to anything else I've been listening to today. It actually started when I was playing my iPod on shuffle and I heard 'Circling Overland' a VNV Nation cover of the Front 242 song. I like it a lo-ot (watch the Hoops and Yoyo e-card for coffee).

All this has reminded me that I havn't heard VNV's 'DSM02' in a while. Or 'Electronaut'. They're both instrumentals, but DSM02 is heavy and dark (and kreepy in that fun way), and Electronaut is...epiphanic. I'll post a link to it at the end.

Now I can't get Electronaut out of my head. I'm not complaining mind you, it really has been WAY too long, it feels really nice to be hearing it. BUT my day doesn't revolve around music. Well...I mean, there's more in my life than just...what I'm trying to say is, I did other things too. Things like making a post before midnight. Things like working on another ring. Things like cursing at the jack ass that is setting off cherry bombs down the street...>_<

Today I actually had some fun though. I started work on another ring, and got it sized, but I'm probably going to be out of sandpaper after this, at least the heavy grit, I'm using my last one (I still have like five of the fine grain ones though!!!). I also started an Avatar marathon, seeing as I have all the episodes, along with getting hooked on 'The Riches' the last few days.

And that's about it. 'o_O Sorry, I'm all distractible and the like right now.

Cheers,
Shadow of Light

No comments:

Post a Comment