Sunday, July 26, 2009

Pretty Pictures Like You...

"And he cried in a loud voice, 'Lazarus, come forth!' And Lazarus did arise from the grave..."

Best first words to a game EVER. The game would be Command and Conquer 3, and the speaker would be Kane. I'm not bringing this up for any particular reason other than I haven't posted in...a while. I of course have the game, but I haven't played in a LONG time, it's not on my computer and I ever really had time to use the computer it IS on, so I'm stuck somewhere in the middle of the Brotherhood of Nod campaign and I have no idea when I'll finish it. But I refuse to give up hope, and I refuse to give up - I will finish the game. And the I'll play the expansion pack. ^_^

All that to say: I'm back. I spent the last week babysitting my cousin without internet access and this weekend finishing the work from home I had for the woman I was working for. I would be finished with both for good, but I still have two days left to babysit, and I return tonight (so expect no posts over the next two days). But I'm happy to announce I get to take a nice, relaxing break after I finish. Actually that's not true. Immediately after finishing babysitting I get to go pack up an office building in Palo Alto for three days. Joy. BUT I will be able to take a break after that and go visit my aunt followed by visiting friends in the Bay before I return to school. Lots to do, and it feels like there's no time. sigh.

But here's the news since the last post. While babysitting, I started reading a series by author George R. R. Martin, with the book 'A Game of Thrones'. It's a good book (it's long), and while slow at first, it really picked up into a nice epic a lot like LOTR, and I'm eager to finish the book tomorrow or the next day, but I don't think I'm going to start on the second book. But I do recommend the book, it may or may not be your thing, but it is well written, and has a really good story to it.

Tonight's title is from the song 'Electrohead' by Combichrist, and it's been stuck in my head all week along with a few others. I've also been playing it all week, which is probably why I keep singing it. Along with listening to music I finally played some Fatal Frame 2 and it was going pretty well. The problem was I left one of the babysitting alarms on and it went off while I was playing, which is startling to begin with, as I mentioned in an earlier post, but wayyyy more terrifying when the ring tone is 'O, Fortuna'. It scared me more than The Wiggles. After I screamed, and ran away from my xbox I settled down and returned to turn it off and play some Mass Effect. It was an emotionally damaging few seconds.

I've also finished watching my collection of Avatar, and I'm waiting a week or so before I start all over again, and watching other shows and anime to fill the gap. I'm currently going through a Hayao Miyazaki phase right now though, and enjoying every minute of it. I watched Princess Mononoke today, and I'm going to watch My Neighbor Totoro later this week. Those are the only two I have right now, but I'd like to see Kiki's Delivery Service again, and of more Lupin the Third, because I've only seen one. I have a ways to go still.

In the current happenings section of life, I'm planning on making a mask when I can get the supplies, because I've finally figured out a good design for it. I'm also planing out some projects to do at school to keep myself busy and have fun. Rebuilding Pyle is my top priority of things to do back at school, followed my making a lamp out of chopsticks. Don't ask me how though, it'll be a surprise. The mask needs to come first though, because once I have mine made, and Pyle reconstructed and recovered - he gets one too. ^_^

I spent some time today talking on the phone with a friend of mine who was also the art teacher at my high school (I can't say "my" art teacher, because I never took art), and we talked about some of the projects she's done and I got some advice for some that I've done, and maybe if my schedule works out I'll be able to say hello to her this weekend at her daughter's 21st birthday.

Other than all that, I'm missing my friends, keeping myself busy with work that I never asked for (but that pay, so I'm not 100% against them), and trying in vain to keep in a good mood, which is difficult but manageable with my headache, but damn near impossible with some of the other stuff I put up with. I have spoken to a few people when time permits and that's calming and nice, I like checking in on people, seeing what's going on helping out when I can, etc. I txt my aunt when I get bored and try to cheer her up or joke around, which becomes yet another life line, and I've spent some time thinking about the basics I'll need when I move out. I figure planning ahead never hurt anyone. So far I've started from the kitchen: I need a few pots/pans a few dishes that fit my style (really want to get the metal dishes like La Fondue has), and I've also narrowed my dog choices down to three, with names for two. Either a Black Lab named Inara, a Golden Lab named River (both names from Firefly ^_^), or a wolf, name t.b.d. The first two are obviously female, but I'm pretty sure if I get a wolf I'm going to stick with a male. Who knows. I did talk to my aunt though, and if she doesn't have to spay the female Gold Lab she has right now, she might breed her, and I'll be able to get a pup from one of her litters, possibly even my choice of the litter ^_^ It's a long way off still, but it keeps me going.

All right, that's about it, I'll try posting something again as soon I can, but who knows when that will be.

Cheers,
Shadow of Light

No comments:

Post a Comment