Thursday, August 6, 2009

Wake the Sea of Silent Hope

Ahhhh, what an eventful, fun, full week. ^_^ Exhausting though, although that might just be me...

Sooo, let me see what I can remember. This last weekend I went and saw a movie with my friend Ellen, Hurt Locker. I thought it was a really good movie, there's a lot of themes you can draw from it, and it was pretty well done too. All in all, glad I got to see it, and hanging out with friends is always a plus for me.

Monday I spent the day with Rosales doing the usual - playing video games, watching movies, drinking a pallet of Cytomax (this only happens when I get it though), and ordering in pizza. We do other things too, but this is what we've done since the end of my Freshman year in High School, except back then we played Halo 2. Ahhh, good memories.... ^_^ This time our activities included: Left 4 Dead, a horribly funny Japanese film, the newest add-on for Fallout 3, and Rockband 2 (I think something else too, but I can't remember). Rockband 2 was the big highlight though, for several reasons: 1 - I learned how to play the drums and not fail entirely, and 2 - we played the 84 song set-list for an achievement. That's right, we got the achievement, AND I played 84 songs on the drums with only one complete fail (there were quite a few saves on Rosales' part too - but I feel much better about myself now ^_^). After that, we watched the videos I posted in the last post and re-lived parts of the VNV concert, mostly by shouting 'Free Bird' while we played Rockband. Then we listened to some Depeche Mode on the ride to my place. Great day.

The next day I played some more Overlord (I got the game...couldn't resist) and had SO much fun with it. It's a well designed game - it has good graphics, it has a good story, it's fun, it's challenging without being murderous - I love it.

But Wednesday was the real highlight of the week - I got my Macbook Pro! I love it. I've named her Arya after a character from a book written by George R. R. Martin (specifically: A Game of Thrones). I don't know if I can really describe how amazing it is - there's just so much that makes it special, and amazing. The sleek body, the back-lit keyboard (!!!), a dvd drive that plays dvd's (although the fact that I didn't delete a driver like I did on my PC might be a contributing factor - I did it on accident!!), the touch-pad gesture controls (that I play with waaaaayyyy too often), the built in camera that has better resolution than the one I bought for my PC, the weight, way we just look at each other for hours at a time...I really can't explain it. She completes me.

Yes, she. I'm of the belief that all computers are female (kind of like with ships). You have to treat a computer well, otherwise you'll have problems. You have to love it. Yelling at a computer solves nothing, and only makes you look like an idiot. Computers have an external aesthetic that is unique to the individual, and that aesthetic is attractive to specific people (Arya is thin, smooth, has that perfect balance of being sexy and modest at the same time, great features, and an amazing personality). And most importantly, if you do treat your computer well and love it, you can always count on it when you're in need.

See? As cynical as I may be, I do still believe in love - it's just limited to Arya. I believe that it's going to be a very nice relationship. ^_^

In other news: I talked with my aunt for a while online, I've sorted out all my photos and most of my music, and I've been hopping up and down with glee over the new iPod Touch features. Hearing VNV Nation without headphones is AMAZING!!!!!!

Tomorrow I'm off to the City to hang out with my friend Käri, and then Saturday I'm visiting my friend Esther again, and we're going to play with our computers, and art, and run amok around the house. And if her daughters are there, I'll probably visit with them too (and then I won't feel so guilty about forgetting to visit so far this summer). Then I'll be off to my aunt's sometime this next week probably, and then returning towards the end of August to visit with more people before I head back to school. This includes getting sushi with Ellen, and hanging out with Rosales more as well. These are the things that are unavoidable in my universe (seriously, no matter what, these things will happen) - there are other things as well, but I haven't seen them happen long enough to give my full support of their inevitability. Some day.

Tonight's blog title is brought to you from the song M4 (Part II) by Faunts. It's the song that plays in the end credits of Mass Effect, and it's also a very meaningful song with a nice beat, well written lyrics, and good vocals. Seems a little melancholy, but the message feels very...me.

Cheers,
Shadow of Light

No comments:

Post a Comment