Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Veritas Lux

Alright, this post has been a while coming. I think. I actually don't remember when my last real post was. Hmm...

SO! I had a good weekend, and so far a pretty good week too.

Weekend: I think I went somewhere. Oh! I saw Star Trek. Again. I did some work on my ring, finally got it down to what it needed to be. And I might have done some other stuff too. Like craved a Vamp. Actually I do that everyday. I know I did something else but I totally can't remember it, because I was bored over the weekend but I know I found something to do. Sorry.

Week: I had coffee with a friend in Pacifica on Monday, after I walked around the city fo four hours trying to kill time. I saw two other friends while I was walking around, one I ran into at the ocean and the other while I was walking. It was fun. Then I had coffee with my friend, and came home to finish the last episode of the first season of True Blood online. OHHHHHH!!!!! That's what I did over the weekend! I got hooked on True Blood. It's a rather interesting show. Gave me something to do anyways. I went to a group interview at Barnes and Nobles today, and I'm hopefully going to get a job there. See? I'm not pessimistic ^_^

So that was my morning. And I'm up to date! Oh, and I finished my ring today, so now I have a solid ebony ring that looks pretty cool. It's given me some other ideas of things to do, although I think I really do need to get the appropriate tools instead of making do, because yesterday I shoved the engraving bit of my Dremel into my finger. It's pretty much microscopic, but because the Dremel is a rotary tool and the engraving bit is so tiny, it basically spins your flesh into a different position on a very small level but hurts like Hell.

But it's all good, because now I have the ring, and it fits, and it's pretty awesome for a first try. I engraved Veritas Lux around the edge of the ring, and then oiled the wood to keep it looking sharp. I'm happy with it, but I also hope to do a better one in the future with some more tools. I love the Dremel.

That's about it. It's before 9, I'm not really...together...in my head.

Cheers,
-Shadow of Light

No comments:

Post a Comment