Sunday, June 28, 2009

Products of Apathy

This will my last post. Until after the VNV concert. Ok, I swear I'm done being excited. And now I swear I'm done lying.

Right.

This really will be the only time I post until most likely sometime on Tuesday, although I had originally intended to post when I returned from the concert. I found out this afternoon that there will be an after party for the concert at a club. The kicker is that the club hosting the after party is none other than the DNA Lounge. Who knows, maybe with luck we'll get a surprise visit from Ronan Harris and Mark Jackson, although I'm not getting my hopes up, there's no actual evidence that they will be showing up. But just maybe. After all, Tiesto showed up for his after party at the 2008 ETD Pop. That could also be because there was a power outage that cut off his performance.

But what this post is really about, is the celebration of the arrival of tomorrow. Tomorrow is a very big day for me, I fulfill the last two items on my list of Life Goals. It's a very simple list, and I like to avoid cliches as much as possible for serious matters so I tried to avoid goals like: get a house, make a good investment, start a business, get married, etc. My list is far more rudimentary and...fun. I chose things like: go to college, see a concert, see Ronan Harris, have a rave at my funeral. That's actually everything. As you can see, it's a very simple, refined list. My goal was to keep it something fun and reasonable, because I have...bad luck. Anyways, the list was never huge, but was at one point a little bit longer and has gotten shorter over the years. This concert will fulfill two of the four items on the list, and the first is already done, so after tomorrow, all that I will need to do is ensure that someone reasonable is in charge of directing my funeral. And I'll settle for the wake being a rave too, in case the actual funeral brings up legal issues when paired with a party of such epicness. I should really fill out a will. Great, more for me to do this week.

I also found that the scenario in Heroes Season 1, Episode 21 is exactly what happens at least once a week when I'm at home. Without me having abilities of course. And the death. So just the first part. But still.

Alright, something less...bleak? I don't really find it bleak, or anything negative for that matter. I think this post is very honest. I find this interesting considering the title. It's from the song 'Product', by Imperative Reaction. It's an interesting band, but I like the beats when I'm i the mood for something heavy, and I like the lyrics for their cynical and, from my perspective, realistic point of view. Plus they address some of the typical issues covered in Industrial lyrics - technology going too far, abuse of power, political issues, and in general man's destruction of the world. I got four of their five albums, and I've been going through them. So far, so good.

I've totally lost my point in all of this, but I do have news of a new project I've been working on. A while back I made a ring out of ebony and engraved it with the words 'veritas' and 'lux' - truth and light. It got borrowed by a friend while she was looking at it, and I'm waiting to get it back. In the mean time, I made another ring out of ebony, this time engraved with the word 'obscura' - dark, darkness, etc. Since making these I've decided to make a few more, hopefully with more intricate designs, better craftsmanship, etc. It takes practice. And the right attachments on the Dremel as well. Once I have more than just two I'll post them in an album or something.

Well, that's it. I'll post something about the concert once I've gone, but until then, I'm just going to be thinking about how much I hate my current haircut, and hoping I get a second interview with Jamba Juice.

Cheers,
Shadow of Light

No comments:

Post a Comment