Saturday, November 7, 2009

No Sense of Empathy

Corrupt in word and deed
I hate you for what you represent
I hate you for your greed

'Greed' by Assemblage 23 off their new album Compass. Good album. Good song.

Soooo, once again, I've forgotten what my last post was. I think it covered last weekend though. So I guess this post will cover this weekend. Even though it's only Saturday. And only 8. Feels later.

Right now I'm listening to 'Get Out of My Head' off of Today We Are All Demons. This is one of those weeks when I think I want to listen to a specific beat, but in reality I'm more interested in a specific message. This song offers both. Plus it goes about it with the dark positivity that only Combichrist can deliver. *_^

Yesterday we were going to see Christopher Titus live in Brea. It was for 21+ though, so we will now be going tomorrow night. Which means I have lots to do during the day or I don't go. Today we went to PetCo to look at the animal adoptions and get a puppy. We didn't. No, instead we went to the ASPCA and got papers to get Persephone on Tuesday. We were looking at all the puppies and Ryan and Jessica pointed her out curled up and sleeping. We whistled to get her attention and see how cute she was (we were looking for a particular kind of cute)...and we picked her. ^_^

So we will be rescuing a dog on Tuesday. I'm happy, I need something to care about - and for some reason I still feel for dogs. It's an animal thing. People...idk, I just can't do it - I don't remember how to feel anymore, so I can't act it as well anymore. I won't have to pretend with Persephone. I hope.

History of the name: in short - Greek queen of the underworld. Wife of Hades. And a story that you should read because it's really good and I don't want to explain it. I'll post pictures at some point probably.

Today I spent some time with Kari, who was visiting from NORCAL with her bf. Tons of fun, even though it was only 2 or so hours. We played pool, talked, had coffee, talked, and in general jut talked. That's how you tell the people that are worth it - you always have something to talk about OR you're completely comfortable without saying a word. Or both.

It's only Saturday and it's been a lot of fun. have lots of time to kill the rest of the evening though, so I'm probably going to start bugging Michael to go to Donut Man. I want to get a Tiger Tail. Nom nom nom.

So that is my weekend.

But that wasn't my week. The 5th of November was this week. And it was fun. I had no class, I watched V for Vendetta twice, in honour of the holiday, and got to hang out with Ellen for a bit too, which was quite fun (as it usually is). There was also an incident with some food colouring that led to some very fun comments from people. VERY amusing.

That made my week. Speaking of weeks, only a few left until thanksgiving and then the Aesthetic Perfection concert following night after *_^ (any guess as to whether I care about the concert or the holiday more? hahahaha)

And now my rants aren't even making sense to me, so I'm going to go find something to do.

I'll leave you with something though: Music. Since I don't know what I'm listening to, you can look these up and maybe offer a suggestion. Or just enjoy.

Spilling Blood - Necessary Response - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96T1ulxMT5w
Only in my Mind - Imperative Reaction - http://twiturm.com/jn7aw

Please Enjoy Responsibly

Cheers,
Shadow of Light

P.S. I also got Aesthetic Perfection's first album in prep for the concert, and I must admit - I heart. Also, they have done a remix of I Kissed a Girl which is available for free on their website. It's epic. Double <3



No comments:

Post a Comment