Saturday, May 23, 2009

She Ricochets

So, again, it's been a while since my last post.  I've been kind of busy, not really with work, but busy in the sense that I haven't had a whole lot of time to be on the computer blogging.  I'm officially back home now, I'm unpacked so it qualifies, and so far I've had a lot of fun, and done a lot of work - I think.

Earlier this week, I went to a club with my friend and spending the day at another friend's house, and as a whole the entire day was pretty awesome.  Hanging out with friends is always a plus for me, and the club was pretty awesome too.  The music of course made it so much better, they played several VNV Nation songs, and a bunch of Depeche Mode songs, which my friend and I had been playing in the car the rest of the day, admittedly not the same songs, but as long as the artist plays, the details don't much matter.  Some of the other songs that I recognized in the club were, Military Fashion Show, Everything You Touch, Send Me an Angel, and a some Combichrist and Wumpscut.  Not all the music was great, but the music that was good was the best.

So the club was a lot of fun, and we're going to try to go to another one on Monday that I've heard plays the same good music, but more consistently.  Speaking of music, since coming home, I've gotten the new Depeche Mode album, Sounds of the Universe, the NCIS soundtrack, and both of the albums by Shiny Toy Guns.  STG isn't really my thing, but I don't mind them, and they have a few songs that I like for no real reason.  I've been listening to Ricochet on repeat today, and for some reason, it 's just catchy.  Idk, I'll form an opinion of them later.  I can not wait until the new VNV album  comes out next month, and I seriously need to get a job so I can get my ticket to the concert.

Speaking of jobs, that's the other thing I've been doing - walking to the mall and shopping center nearby to apply and pick up applications.  Currently, it looks like my best bet is going to be at Pasta Pomodoro, because I walked in yesterday to pick up an app. and the three hostesses on staff pretty much begged me to apply and told me how to get the job.  Any job that gives you three attractive points of view is worth applying.  They said they needed hosts and servers, so I might also have a chance to work a lot of over time and get more money.  I don't want to think of myself as greedy, but in this case, I really do want money.  I want money because I would like to pay off my credit card debt created b school books, and I would like to buy the Mac I'm going o need so I can graduate college.  I know, why do I need a Mac to graduate college? Because I'm a graphic designer.  Plus, my computer is kind of dying.  'Kind of' is better translated into 'absolutely and epically' actually.

In other news, I got a Dremel from my mom, and I took all of her attachments for it, so I've been up to my eyeballs in sanding and cutting whatever I feel like, mostly coconut.  It's easier to eat when you can drink it out of a straw.  My next goal for the Dremel is to get the awesome diamond blade, and maybe when I have more money, a Dremel I can plug in, because I really dislike how fast the battery on it dies.  I sanded the fuzz off a coconut today actually, and by the time I was done, the battery was super weak.  And considering I'm eventually going to be using it to do detail work and larger projects, I'm going to need more juice.  I'm thinking about getting a variable speed Dremel as well, I like have more options than 1 and 2.  But I like it anyways.  I also learned that coconut shell is considered a hardwood.  I learned this lesson when a softwood Dremel blade esploded in my face.  Lucky me, I was wearing sunglasses, so I just got a cheek-full of shrapnel.  Totally worth it!

Other than all of that - I'm not doing much, Genghis s growing really well, I'm still trying to see some friends and hoping to see others eventually, and enjoying a free pallet of Hansen's EnergyPRO.  It's got good flavor, and it's light enough on sugar and caffeine that I can drink like five and run around in a good mood.

Until more happens, I'll probably stay out of touch and be screwing around in the real world before I come back to the "nothingbettertodo" that is blogging over summer break.

^_^ Cheers,
Shadow of Light

No comments:

Post a Comment