Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Hey! You!

For once I'm not posting the title of a song as my post title.  Kind of.  All right, here's the thing about that - it's not the full title of a song.  I found the entire play list from the main dance floor at the DNA Lounge online today, and I've been listening through it to note down the titles and artists of the songs I like.  Tonight's title comes from the title of one of the Combichrist songs that played at the club: What the F**k is Wrong With You?  The point made in context is pretty insightful, and it has a heavy beat that I expect from Combichrist.  I'll be posting some links at the end of this post including a link to the video for the song.  You should check it out, and if you don't like the music you can mute it and watch the video while thinking about the title.  Same end result.  You owe it to yourself.  And a Vamp, you owe yourself a Vamp too.

So right now, like I said I'm making a list of the songs that were played at the club.  It's a little one-sided, seeing as I'm not putting down every song, and I also skipped ahead about thirty minutes into the play list because I was looking for one in particular, and my frame of reference was based off of VNV Nation's 'Standing'.  So far I've catalogued 11 songs, and I'm working on a 12th and I've only gone through an hour and a half of 5 hours of music.  It's not really difficult, but when you're trying to hear the music through earbuds while someone else has the TV on really loud and is talking to you and not paying attention to the fact that you can't hear them, but insist on making you listen to what they have to say no matter how rudely they need to interrupt you...well, it's quite time consuming.  For example - it took me the last five minutes to re-listen to the same fifteen words over and over again to figure out that the title of the Suicide Commando song playing was 'Love Breeds Suicide'.  *Sigh* 

So that's my new hobby for a while - making a list of music...to give to you...on here.  Speaking of music though (if you ever get tired of my music rants, please see a much more concise and awesome blog: http://johnroscigno.com), I found out that the song I was originally looking for is called 'Mitternacht' and it's by E Nomine.  It's one of the songs that I didn't know when I heard it, and also one of the songs that Goth-Kane looked so awesome dancing to.  And it has Latin in it.  I'm a sucker for industrial/electronic with Latin.  I'll also be posting a link to the video for that song as well, with all the appropriate warnings and advisories to it's theme so you don't go blindly into watching it.  Aren't I nice.

I also learned that I was singing the wrong lyrics to 'Night Riders' by Stromkern as well as 'Panzermensch' by And One.  Good thing I don't sing loud, and good thing the music drowned me out.

I also remembered the name of one of the songs played to be 'Breathe' by Decoded Feedback, and I got the album it was on, although I'm probably going to dump most of the songs.  I also got the album from E Nomine that 'Mitternacht' is on.  And I learned how to say midnight in German :P

I also finally dropped off my completed app at Pasta Pomodoro today, then walked up my godawful hill for the first time in about 8 years and totally passed out on the couch.  But it's all good, because I first went to Barnes and Nobles with a gift card and picked up the first issue of Azumanga Daioh.  Made my day.  It's well worth a look at if you: like anime, like funny jokes, realistic humor, hated high school, like cats, trust me, or want to see what high school was like if you didn't go.

Aren't you glad I kept this post short? ^_^

Oh, and here's some news you might be interested in: I'm going to be making an email address for this blog so anyone can send stuff to me, whether you just want me to see it, look into it, post it, talk about it, etc.  It's going to be in cooperation with an experiment I'll be doing at the clubs and in daily life, which I'll post more on later - no point in ruining the surprise of the experiment.  Who knows, maybe you can be part of it *_^

Promised links - 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ln0aVbWzV6s - Combichrist, What the F**k is Wrong With You?  It's a heavy techno song, if that's not your genre, the song probably isn't something you want to add to your music library, but give the song itself a chance in it's message, even if it's just finding the lyrics and getting the most basic pulp of it.  The video is pretty spot on though in the band's intentional message.  Watch this if you see problems in the world.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpntM6lrpQE - E Nomine, Mitternacht.  It's a German song with Latin, and it's title translates to 'midnight'.  Be ready for something heavy and dark.  BTW, 'dark' doesn't mean evil.  At least not in the context I use most of the time.  I intend it to go along with what you might hear at a rave at a cemetery, or in Abby's lab on NCIS, or on the iPod of a goth ballerina....

http://cerebrum.dnalounge.com/archive/ - The website to download and listen to the May 25th play list so you can listen to what I'm listening to.  I'm still working on the list, but if you get through it faster than I do, and you are having bad luck finding the info of a certain song, you can leave a comment and I'll try to get to that one in particular or you can wait until I get through it.  I promise I won't leave you hanging though *_^

Cheers,
Shadow of Light

No comments:

Post a Comment